Sunday, December 04, 2005

How I begin my Christmas season

Having sung in choirs throughout my life, I feel that the Christmas season is incomplete without music.
And not just any music, but some high quality, serious music.
Tonight, my mother-in-law and I saw and heard the most wonderful concert by the Waverly Consort. (Be sure to click the little audio icon in the corner of the home page.)
Unfortunately, I had never heard of this group before, and I had hemmed and hawed about going. Too busy, too difficult on my son, yada yada yada.
But I am so glad I went because it was a marvelous experience - nine extraordinary singers (including a countertenor! and a Filipina soprano) with four musicians, playing medieval instruments. The concert was the Christmas story, done in medieval madrigal, style.
The performance was superb all around - rich vocals for all of them and wonderful dramatics with the music.
Now I am in the Christmas spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home