Monday, September 25, 2006

Decisions, decisions

How fickle are 4-year-olds.
 
At the moment, my Halloween preparations are in limbo because my son can't make up his mind on what he wants to be.
 
He is still obsessed with superheroes, so I was totally game on Superman.
 
He even got a cape for his birthday, so I thought putting together the Superman jumpsuit would be a piece of cake.
 
Then came the Robin Hood video and he wanted to be Robin Hood. My husband even made him a bow and I bought a sewing pattern on eBay for a Robin Hood outfit.
 
Then he changed his mind and wanted to be a Knight.
 
Then it was back to Superman. Then he wanted to be a pirate.
 
The pirate idea lasted more of a week, so I decided to act and started bidding on eBay for a pirate costume (which are cheap and plentiful these days).
 
Then he changed his mind again and I couldn't hold back a little bit of annoyance.
 
"I'm sorry, Mommy," he said. "I really want to be Batman."
 
Thankfully, I got outbid on the pirate outfit so I started looking for sewing patterns for a Batman outfit. (You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now).
 
Then I chatted on the phone with my old college roomie, who has two kids of her own, including a boy who is 4 months older than my son. That boy is Power Rangersobsessed.
 
So on my end of the phone conversation, I asked, "So he's going to be a Red Power Ranger for Halloween?"
 
My boy overheard that, so that was it. Now he wants to be a Red Power Ranger. Never mind that he has never actually watched one of those shows.
 
I think I may need to set a finite deadline on his ever changing moods so that I will actually have enough time to buy an outfit or buy a sewing pattern for it.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home