Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Inspiration

I give a big 4-STAR recommendation to the Long Way Round, the documentary series profiling Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's round-the-world motorcycle adventure.

It was a joy to watch these men cross the globe, rough it, and come through against challenges that might stop a less adventurous pair. But I especially loved their sense of spirit, their appreciation for cultures, their openness to try new things, and their outreach to the less fortunate children that find themselves under UNICEF's care. And in return for all that, they got gorgeous vistas and unforgettable experiences that touched them deeply.

The Mongolia trek was the highlight of the trip, for me, especially since I have become quite fond of Tuva (for a refresher see this and this).

It was also nice to know that Ewan McGregor, whom I really adore as an actor, is essentially a nice guy - intelligent, open-minded. And he's a family man.

The 7-part series is also a wonderful companion to the book (see my prior review).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home