Thursday, February 23, 2006

A lazy morning

This is one of the joys of playing hooky, day 3.

I was half awake, lying in bed, when my son woke up and he wandered, sleepily into my room. I opened my arms and picked him up to snuggle him in my bed, just like the good old days when he was a baby and he needed was a good snuggle.

After a while, he fussed around, finally deciding my belly would make a good pillow and he lay there for the longest time, staring at the tree outside my window, listening to the leaves rustle.

Every now and then, he stretched his body, trying to force those last bits of slumber from his limbs. It reminded me a lot of when he was a newborn and he contorted his little body every which way to wake up.

He turned to me and asked, "Mommy, where are we going today?"

"Nowhere, sweetie," I whispered. "We have nothing to do today."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home