Thursday, June 01, 2006

As if I have time for a new hobby

My latest sewing project was a great success. The lavendar satin halter-top cocktail dress earned rave reviews at last weekend's wedding.

But now the sewing must not stop!

I finished up at least 3 minor sewing projects that had been lying around for months undone. Jeans were rehemmed, a scratchy fabric was removed from my son's polo shirt, which needed some restitching to replace the scratchy fabric. I stitched together some leftover cloths for a pillow that I want to make. I have been cruising eBay for the past 2 days, looking for cheap sewing patterns and have fallen in love with one particular seller who specializes in $1 patterns. I have already bid on 4 items.

Mostly, I have been carefully studying a trio of free batiks that I received. My mother-in-law has a brother who visited the Philippines decades ago and brought back a couple of Filipino blouses and several fabrics. Now all of those batiks have since been gifted to me.

Unfortunately, the fabrics aren't enough for a sundress that I'd like to make so I'm thinking about transforming them into skirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home