Wednesday, April 19, 2006

If I had an entire weekend to myself ...

I would remember what it was like to be a single woman when I could:
- Sleep in late. Really late
- Do a vigorous martial arts workout
- Lunch and gossip with the girls
- See an art flick or rent the latest in world cinema
- Take a long bubble bath and do all my favorite primping things
- Whip up some comfort food (I'm thinking roasted chicken, rice and a simple salad)
- Read the Sunday New York Times from end to end

And I would never keep close track of the clock.

In keeping up a crazy schedule of mothering and working and housework, I've given up most of these things, though I still reach for a little bit of "me time" each week.
If I'm lucky, I'll at least do the bubble bath and the aerobic workout - while I've got the laundry and the dishwasher running at full tilt.

Moral of the story: You can have it all if you multi-task.

3 Comments:

Blogger BlueBabae said...

I nursed too, well into the toddler years, so I remember all of that, though I used to love nursing him in my bed and sometimes I could drift asleep and then he would too....

8:18 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I haven't taken a bath in five years. Pathetic! And my baby is only 16 months. How do I account for the other four years? Hmmm...

11:36 PM  
Blogger EmilyJane said...

Oh, I soooo wish I could do the lunch gossip w/ the girls and then a art flick. however, my DD is so very wonderful. Is this another "the grass is always greener" kind of thing? Let's discuss over lunch sometime. :)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home