Thursday, July 13, 2006

WHACK!

The first time he did it, I was just coming out of the shower and he rushed into my bathroom, whatever distraction I gave him failing to keep him occupied.

"Whack" went his hand, giving me a quick spank on the butt.

I looked down at him in horror, feeling horrified yet wanting to laugh. His face grinned his mischievous grin and he yelled out, "Butt!"

I guess he learned it in preschool, 'cause Lord knows I don't do that to him.

His behind is very cute and if I do anything, it's just a little poke in the cheek.

But here we were, jumping to a locker-room antic that I know just had to stop.

I've tried to discourage the practice, though I didn't want to hand down any harsh punishment for it. The spank is kinda endearing, in a low-brow sort of way.

I am hoping avoidance would do the trick and have doubled my efforts to keep him out of my bathroom.

Funny thing is, he likes to smack his Daddy's butt too, and being a fan of Daddy's butt, I haven't discouraged that. Mixed messages, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home