Sunday, June 18, 2006

On her last wheels

I guess that after 7 years and 153,000 miles, my Corolla may be ready for the scrap heap.

I had been so happy with reaching the 150K milestone that I had hoped to push it to 200K.

But the car failed with one of the few things that was truly a death knell. The air conditioning system (or specifically the condenser) short-circuited. That makes the car unbearable to drive during a Florida summer.

There are no easy or cheap solutions to this dilemma. Is it really worth plugging in another $400 to $500 in this car? Then again, having to juggle a new car payment may be too difficult.

Really, all I had hoped was to push the car until next year, when we're done paying off my husband's car, which frees up some cash for a new car payment.

Unfortunately, the car gods are not smiling on me too kindly these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home