Monday, July 23, 2007

Mission accomplished

I finished the Harry Potter book and I did so in just a little over a day.

About 26 hours to be exact.

Actually, I thought that it would take a few days, of pacing myself and finding the time with playing with my boy and homelife and some excellent classical concerts in town this week.

However, I admit to being a little obsessive about things sometimes, and since I absolutely positively had to know how it ended, I couldn't stop once I started.

In all, I accomplished about 6 chapters in the wee hours after getting the book, a chapter or 2 in the morning, an additional chapter while my son ate his breakfast and a few scattered moments throughout Saturday when I could read.

By late afternoon, I was already halfway done.

Then I attended 2 great musical concerts, including a spectacular performance featuring Gershwin, Bernstein and Copeland that had me so energized that I finished the other half of the book in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

My book review shall spare the spoilers, but overall, I rate it a great book, easily one of the best in the series, with a great climax and a storyline that, in the great scheme of the wizarding world, makes a lot of sense. I think I can also appreciate some of the underlying themes that JK Rowling has brought forth in this battle between good and evil and the power of love.

Now I can't wait for everyone else I know to finish so that I can start debating certain points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home