Friday, May 11, 2007

Lazy blogger

Too much has happened in the past month for me to even make time to blog.

Sorry.

I did have a wonderful time visiting my family and friends up North. I even had a blog post or two that I pondered but never got around to it.

Then I came home to a ridiculous work load and a rollercoaster ride of sorts at the office. All the financial woes hitting the news industry have come home now, with a system of buyouts, newsroom musical chairs and layoffs. And it's all happening in a month's time.

Yesterday was one of the saddest days in this cycle, as we learned the grim news that a beloved news clerk, who is really the mother hen for our local office, is being downsized.

It's so cruel. I can't believe that cutting her position really saves the company all that much - and we are losing so much more. She offers so many intangible benefits for us because she's always gone above and beyond the call of duty. She was devoted to us.

And now, she's just a line item on a budget that is being crossed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home