Thursday, August 07, 2008

Games we play

One of the joys having a boy who is almost 6 is that he is still young enough that I understand him and I know his personality so well that I can often think ahead to what he might do.

Or I am always right on our guessing games.

He started a game on the car ride home tonight from the local water park. His seat is directly behind mine and I lost the special rear-view mirror to watch him so he knows I can't watch him too closely.

And so the game begins
Mommy, can you guess if my shoes are right or backwards?
Backwards
What! (He is shocked and dumbfounded)

A few moments later ....
OK, so now are my shoes off or on?
Off

He thinks through for his next strategy.
OK, so what am I doing now?
You have one shoe off and one shoe on.

He is just bewildered.
How did you know that?
Well, I have eyes on the back of my head. All mommies do.
And you can see through that thing? (My head rest)
Yes
Can I see them?

He actually believed me and I tried to talk him out of his request, telling him it's secret and that Mommies can't show them.

The moment of truth came when were in the bathroom and he had finished brushing his teeth.
OK, show me the back of your head.
And I did dutifully.
No, no, move your hair.
I did. And he starts pushing my hair to study my scalp.
Where are they?

Then the light bulb.
Wait, you're just fooling me, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home