Thursday, March 02, 2006

Play it again, Mommy

My son has very distinct tastes in music. He prefers jazz over rock. He loves violins and he is constantly humming his favorite songs around the house, whether it be the theme song for Bob the Builder or Darth Vader.

Would you believe his current favorite is a 1962 Wayne Newton hit?

It was from that classic scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where Ferris takes the mike at the German-American parade and starts lip-synching Danke Schoen.

The song came back into our lives through this oddball CD of random songs that a friend of my husband's had burned for him. Our friend, grateful for some of the help and presents we sent after their New Orleans home was destroyed, ended the CD with that very song.

My Darling Redhead has been playing the CD in the car and my 3-year-old has gotten quite attached to the song. And if you catch him at the right moment, he'll start crooning the song too.

So, of course, I had to add it to my iPod so I can play it when I drive him to school. He now asks for it at least once a day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hooray for a child with interesting musical tastes! It's amazing what kids will find memorable among all the music they hear. The image him singing Danke Shoen is hilarious.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home