Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Turn about is fair play

Everyday, my son teaches me something new. Or at least he tries to teach me.

At random moments, he will suddenly do something his teachers do or that we do and will expect me to respond appropriately.

He’ll open a book and point to a letter, asking me, “What is this?” (He’s learning the phonetics of each letter) Sometimes, I think he does it when he doesn’t recognize a letter, but after I answer, he’ll say, “Very good,” in that gentle sing-song voice of a preschool teacher.

Or he’ll share toys, but before I get the toy, I have to ask, “May I please have the toy?”

Or when it’s cleanup time, and I get lazy and just randomly throw things into his toy bin, he’ll remind me to put them in the box gently.

He doesn’t let me get away with much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home