Wednesday, March 15, 2006

On the right track

Sometimes, I wonder if my husband ended up in the wrong profession.
Sometimes, I think he should have been a track designer.

With my son's love of the Thomas the Tank Engine collection, he has indulged his own longlost love of building tracks, though in his boyhood it was Hot Wheels.

What's fun with our set is that it is a random collection of tracks from that premiere set, some compatible Brio tracks, and even a set from IKEA. (Those people can do anything.)

We also don't have an established board or mat that we have to follow. We build to our imagination's content and never have the same track twice.



I like to think I'm pretty good at creating fun track designs, but then I see what my husband can invent and there is no comparison. He is the king of track designs.

And my son is quickly following in his footsteps. How else to explain the fact that he wakes in the morning, wanting to build train tracks first, even before he's had pancakes.

3 Comments:

Blogger IzzyMom said...

My husband and daughter make tracks and ramps with leftover Pergo and race Matchbox cars on them. Must be a dad thing...lol

1:56 AM  
Blogger IzzyMom said...

Oh, I meant to ask, whereabouts in Florida are you?

1:58 AM  
Blogger BlueBabae said...

Hi Izzy,

Glad you could stop by.

We're in on the Atlantic coastline in Central Florida. I see you're from Florida too! Whereabouts?

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home