Saturday, April 14, 2007

The lunch hour

As a rule, I rarely broach work issues here, at least not specifically enough that it would get me in trouble.

That said, I must blog about one of the most fabulous lunch hours I have had in ages.

I have always been a big fan of lunch, though I have to forgo the pleasure too often as a cost-saving measure or because work is so insane that there really is only time for something fast.

The other day, I was summoned to a different bureau from my own, for a training session, then got to enjoy the rare treat of dining out with some of the girls.

The conversation wandered from family news to Jim Carrey movies to oddball characters who seem to regularly show up in our news cycle. But much of the talk centered around the two terrors who run our lives and how their idiosyncrasies too often, sadly, dictate the scope of our work. We commiserated and shared both the sad and ridiculous moments that seem to only cement the growing frustration and the poor office morale, but it was an excellent bitch session that we all needed.

I know I haven't laughed that hard in months.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanoma in B&W said...

Dear BluBabae,

I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at women bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thank you in advance,

Carmen

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home