Tuesday, February 27, 2007

From a distance

One reason why we picked my son's preschool over the other options was its proximity to my office. The school is about 3 blocks away, making it a very quick drive on short notice.
 
This came in handy one afternoon when my little guy suddenly had a 102 degree temperature. I was at the school within three minutes.
 
Occasionally, my son also comes to my office, usually on an odd night when Nana isn't available to babysit and Daddy has some night meeting.
 
Turns out that it's a small comfort to my son that my office is so close.
 
The other day, while playing in the playground, my son found one of his teachers and pulled her by the hand.
 
"Come with me. I will show you where my Mommy works."
 
Lo and behold, through the oak trees that shade his playground, he could spot my office building.
 
Makes me wonder how often he looks toward my office. I know I sometimes look out my window towards his school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home