Friday, August 24, 2007

The first lesson

Two days of school and my son is doing well, it seems.
He's at a table with 4 other boys, including one who used to live on the block.
He had his first gym class and his first music class.
I don't have many details because, being a typical boy, he's not offering much.

There was this one interesting exchange at bedtime, though.

As I've noted in past posts, my son has designated some of his stuffed animals as "babies", which require much care throughout the day, including regular diaper changes.

Last night, it was time to read a bedtime story and my son stood in front of the babies and presented a book for the evening.
He held it up in front of his chest explaining, "Babies, this is a book about volcanoes. Anyone who wants to hear the book about volcanoes, raise your hand."

Seeing a lack of response from the babies, I raised my hand. And then my son did too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home