Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Overheard at play

One of my son's buddies came over recently and I caught this conversation between them while I was in the kitchen.

My son: "So where is your dad?" (Their fathers had taken a quick trip to the beach)
The buddy: "My Paul is with your Don"

I actually understand why this boy answered the question this way.

My own son has begun to accept that we are Mom and Dad to him but the rest of the world uses our actual names. Every now and then, he will use my first name but I make it clear that I prefer Mommy.

Maybe the boy thought saying your dad and my dad didn't seem right, and so he figured that since my son knows his dad as Coach Paul and the boy knows my husband as Mr. Don, he would use those names.

4-year-old logic. Gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home