Friday, January 04, 2008

Connections

I must admit to myself that I am in deep with these online social sites.

My fascination has come in phases. I tried out MySpace because one of my college friends, a performance artist a la Yoko Ono no less, is on it. That was fun for a while.

I forget how, but then I got hooked into LinkedIn and worked that for a while to build up the connections.

Of course I've had this blog for a long time, but the blogging comes in phases, as is evident for the handful of you who stick around to check it.

And that doesn't count my presence on YouTube and the ridiculous number of email addresses that I keep.

At the moment, I am completely addicted to Facebook, if for nothing more than to play Scrabulous with my far-flung circle of friends and family.
The other applications are a riot too. I just made a South Park version of my son. And I have a virtual pet dragon that I feed and pet daily.

Maybe it's ok that I don't check these things daily, that I let some go while I log in daily to my favorites.
I'd probably cancel some of my logins, but, alas, some of my friends are only on one site, and not the other.
So there I am making my presence here and there on cyberspace. Virtually able to connect to any of you, no matter what site you prefer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home