Monday, February 11, 2008

A reason to blog

I know I've neglected this blog.

Perhaps it was my newfound fascination with Facebook, or my new lifestyle as a mobile journalist. Perhaps it was that I was trying to keep my New Year's resolutions to get caught up on house projects.

I think, too, that I was getting bored. I could blog, but I missed key blogging opportunities.

Now, I have a new goal that brings me back to this site: I am running a 5K.

Years ago, I told a friend that I didn't understand running. I like my Tai Chi because I get the workout, plus all the other benies of strong mind, better health and martial arts moves. Running seemed like it was going nowhere.

I got motivated seeing the ad at church for a 5k fundraiser. How hard could it be? I could make it, right? It might be a nice accomplishment.

So here I am counting down 3 weeks to my first race.

I'm insane but the first week went well. Yes, I was sore and no, I didn't make my first targeted running interval.
But I made the distance and I made the targeted timeframe. An old hip injury bothered me the first morning after, and now my hamstring seems a little loose, but truly, I think I did well.

My goal is to finish and to run as much of the 5K as I can. If I don't make the whole 5K, no worries. I can always walk it and there is no shame in that.

And now I begin week 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home