Tuesday, August 30, 2005

From biology to psychology

My PreciousBoy woke up yesterday morning, his forehead slightly feverish. Then one of the first things, he said to me, "Mommy, I ha boo-boo in my ear."

So he's in a little funk right now because of an ear infection and he's spending extra quality time with his Nana.

What is such a relief to me is that he's finally at the age where he can tell me exactly what's wrong with him.

Not too long ago, he was a grand science experience. He was a test of every little bit of knowledge that I had about medical biology and everything that My Darling Redhead and our parents and our friends knew about medical biology.

If he had a fever, then you had to play the guessing game of what's wrong. And there were a few times, when we never figured out what was wrong and the doctor simply doused him with some antibiotics.

At least now I have a mostly-verbal human being.

But now I've got the next level of experimentation - tests in child psychology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home