Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Feeling uninvited

My husband and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary in our own quiet homely way. An exchange of presents. Gathering with close family. And a nice dinner out.

It seems hard to believe that I've been married for six years. It's gone by quickly.

The odd experience of the day was how my son reacted to our wedding anniversary, or more specifically, to our wedding album. My mother-in-law requested the album to reminisce about our glorious day under the oak.

He intently studied each photo for familiar faces - Mommy, Daddy, his grandparents, his aunts, his cousins, our close friends. But he gradually got upset when he didn't see his own face.

"Where am I" said the pouty little face. "Why didn't I come?"

It was hard to explain that he arrived as a result of our marriage. We tried but it didn't register with the 4 year old, who ended up melting in my arms, a puddle of tears.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home