Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sweetness and life

There are a few moments that make all the hassles and trials of motherhood all worthwhile.

Beware. I am going to now begin gushing.

My boy had just woken up, but was curled up on the living room sofa, missing sleep. He saw me walk in.

"You're still my best friend, Mommy."

My face lit up and I walked towards him. "Yes, baby, and you're my best friend. Can I have my hug?"

"Sure" And then I get the tightest squeeze his little muscles can give me.

"And I'll give you a kiss." And there it is, a wonderful smooch on my cheek.

I kiss and hug him back and I hold on, trying to memorize this exact feeling of how small his body is, how soft and squishy his cheek feels against mine.

I only hope I can remember this about 12 years from now when, having diagnosed symptoms of my own stubbornness in his character, I'm going to have to give him some tough love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home