Friday, May 11, 2007

Time management

These are the moments when being a working mom is hard.

At about 7 p.m. last night, I made a quick call to the house to make sure everything was fine, that the boy and husband were home and life was normal.

Daddy put the boy on the phone and this conversation ensued:

When are you coming home, Mommy?
(I gauged my remaining work for the night to give an honest answer) I think 8 o'clock, sweetie.
8 o'clock? My bedtime?
(Of course he knows this since we're trying to teach him time and keep him to a strict schedule.)
(The negotiations begin)
How about a different time? Like 1 o'clock?
Well, I don't know if that'll work sweetie. How about 7:30?
OK. (I could hear him smile on the phone.)

Of course, the editors didn't allow this to happen and it was actually past 8 when I got home and he was fast asleep.
But what can I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home