Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My son the foodie

What does it mean when my husband and I pick restaurants based on my son's recommendations? And I'm not talking Chuck E. Cheese, mind you.

It was a few weeks back, when my son was still in preschool that one of his friends talked about a trendy new restaurant in town. Apparently, the 5-year-old's glowing review made quite an impression on the playground and my son decided that our next restaurant trip would have to be to this place. (Who knew that these preschoolers were such foodies?)

He mentioned the restaurant a couple of times. I chuckled because, frankly, it's the kind of place I like - trendy, not a chain, and a menu with both standards and some imagination. And I was already keen on eating there myself, independent of his recommendation.

Then came the opportunity to try it out. My husband had to repay a favor and we needed a nice place to eat. So of course, we had to go to our boy's choice.

Overall, it did not disappoint, though it turns out that the place is owned by local restaurateurs, and we've tried their 2 other places. The menu and the decor is strikingly similar, but technically it's not a chain. I opted for a flavorful (though decidedly soggy) mango/avocado/shrimp wrap and was pleased with the service.

Amazing. Out of the mouths of babes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home