Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Going the distance

I had been curious about how far I go during my morning route, so I did what anyone does these days.

I Googled it.

More preciously, I turned to Google Earth, which, among the nifty tools available, can measure the distance on paths that you draw on the map.

According to the website, I have been running 4K for the past week.

The map resolution is tricky to figure out. I use landmarks to gauge my progress, but those are more difficult to see from the satellite.
I did notice that some of the utility poles created a shadow that was visible, so I think the 4K measurement is right.

I counted that I need to run past another 6 poles to add .5 K to the end of the route, so that I do the full 5K in one round trip.

That becomes the goal for tomorrow.
Tonight, it's cross-training - either Tai Chi or yoga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home